The PDA Performance tool lists PDA triggers by customer, showing the date of the most recent trigger in the top graph. Historical PDA triggers are listed in the table below the graph. Titles are sorted according to the highest number of plays. A PDA play is defined as a play that qualifies as one of the four plays for a trigger. To qualify, a PDA play must:
- be 30secs in length or more
- be played by a unique visitor (ie the same person can't click play on the player 4 times - this will be counted as one PDA play)
- be gathered within a rolling 12 month period. Each PDA play has a life of 12 months from the moment it occurs. Any PDA plays older than 12 months will not qualify as a PDA play.
Tracking PDA Plays
In order to track historical PDA plays and identify which titles triggered on a specific date, you can Export to Excel and then filter the top row:
- Download the Excel document;
- Select the top row only and from the top menu select "Data" and then "Sort" - this will create filters for each column;
- In Column C "Title" click the filter arrow. A full list with checkboxes will appear and you can choose to de-select all and re-select the specific title you'd like to track the PDA triggers for.
- You can also sort by date, or by customer or by "Yes" or "No" in the "Triggered" column.
For an historical list of plays (regardless if they are PDA plays or not), visit the "Daily Activity" tab under "Summary" and include the time-frame you desire.
Kanopy sends invoices to university/college customers for PDA triggers at the end of each month. All triggered films will appear on your quarterly royalty report send 2 weeks after the close of the quarter.