These reports provide information on your audience (for example which countries are they watching in, what devices are they using, etc). The reports help to answer the question "who is using the resource and how?" and are most useful in better understanding where to focus your marketing efforts.
Types of reports
The audience reports include:
1) Countries: this report provides a breakdown of usage by the country. Note that although the user may be based in a territory, they may be using their local institution's server to be accessing their films. eg a Harvard student may be on exchange in Australia. If they are using their Harvard student number and password to access their Kanopy Video Portal, Harvard will allow them access. So although they are physically in Australia, they are being authenticated in the USA. We aim to report the location the student is located in.
2) Browsers: this report provides a breakdown of usage based on the browser and device the users used to access the resource (e.g. Chrome, Safari, etc).
3) Devices: this reports provides a breakdown of usage based on the type of device the users used to access the resource (e.g. tablet, mobile, desktop, etc) as well as identifying which specific device they used (e.g. iPhone, Android, etc).
4) On/Off Campus: this report provides a breakdown of usage based on that which happened on campus versus off campus. It can be helpful to know if users are watching your videos from their homes, or from the campus.
5) Days of the week: this report provides a breakdown of usage based on day of the week.
6) Hours of the day: this report provides a breakdown of usage based on hour of the day. The times are recorded in the local time of the user.
7) Search keywords: this report provides a list of the keywords users searched for on the website that led to a successful access of a film (the report does not list all searches, only those that led to a successful result). The report is helpful to identify both the top key search terms as well as what types of search terms your audience are most likely to enter to discover and play your film/s.