You create your user profile by selecting the "Sign up" button at the top right of your library's Kanopy website and following the prompts.
Your user profile is required to establish yourself as an authenticated member of the institution for access and also allows us to deliver the great features of your user profile which you can read about here.
How to create your user profile?
1) Click "Sign up" on your library's Kanopy website
- To find your library here you can look it up here: https://www.kanopystreaming.com/wayf
- On your library's Kanopy website - select the 'Sign up' button in the top right of the Kanopy website.
2) Set up your profile
Create your profile by either (1) using your social media account (Facebook, Google) or (2) inputting your details manually.
- If you select option 1, you will need to be signed into your Facebook/Google profile and Kanopy will ask for your name and email from those services to complete the sign up form.
- If you select option 2, you will then be prompted to verify your email address - so you will need to jump over to your email inbox to click on the link there.
3) Add your library card details
The final step in the process (if you have not already been authenticated by your library through the process), you will be prompted to add your public library card details.
You are now set up! Whenever you are signed into your user profile, you can access your ‘Dashboard’ from the top right. On the Dashboard, you can manage your personal profile details, your clips/playlists, watch list, recently watched, comments, and more. You can see more on the features of the user profile here.
On your dashboard is also a feature to manage your library "memberships" too. If you ever have trouble with this you can update your library memberships from this feature. To do so - select "My Dashboard" from the dropdown menu at the top right of the page, go to the "memberships" tab, and add then add the library or libraries that you are a member of.