If you are having a technical issue with playing films on Kanopy, please start by taking a look at some of the common causes of issues here. If you are having some other type of issue (e.g. embedding a film, etc), you can see other helpful articles here.
If these articles do not help to resolve your issue, please contact us at email@example.com with your issue. To help us in resolving your issue as quickly as possible, please provide as much information as you can in your issue report. The following questions will help us with this -
- What is the detailed description of the issue?
The more we know about it, the easier it'll be to troubleshoot it
Eg: When I'm on page W, I see X and I click on Y but it doesn't quite work because I'm expecting Z.
- Is the issue happening on other browsers or computers? On-campus, off-campus or both?
This will allow us to zero in on the issue. Often, the proxy configuration for off-campus access may be the cause of the issue
- Can you take a screenshot and share the exact URL where the issue is happening?
Make sure to include the URL in the screenshot you send - we can often ascertain the issue from this.
- What is your Operating System, browser and flash versions?
We'll need this to replicate the issue on our computers here exactly as you see it. You can find your exact Flash version here
- If it is an issue with playing films, can you provide "debug" reports? You can see information on these reports here - these are the most effective for diagnosing your issue quickly.
Once you have gathered all the required information, please contact us directly.