If you have an Apple TV, you can “cast” videos from your Apple phone or tablet directly to your TV using AirPlay. All you need is (in addition to an Apple TV):
- Mobile: iPhone 4 or later. iPhone 4s or later for AirPlay Mirroring.
- Tablet: iPad, iPad mini. iPad 2 or later for AirPlay Mirroring.
- iPod: iPod touch (4th generation or later). iPod touch (5th generation or later) for AirPlay Mirroring.
To Connect your devices:
- Make sure your iOS device (as listed above) and your Apple TV are connected on the same WiFi network
- On your device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Apple Control Center
- Tap AirPlay
- Tap the name of the device you want to cast to (i.e. your Apple TV - your TV should be identified with a small icon of a television)
Note - you have a choice between AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring. AirPlay means that any audio or video on your iOS device will be displayed on your TV screen. AirPlay mirroring will show the entire iOS screen of the connected device on your TV screen. Either will work for watching films and using Kanopy.