You can use Chromecast to “cast” the Kanopy website and films from a device (computer, mobile, etc) directly to your Television. All you need is:
- A television with a HDMI and USB port
- Wi-Fi, and
- the Chromecast Device (which you can purchase online)
In setting up Chromecast to your TV:
STEP 1) Set up Chromecast:
- First, make sure to set up Chromecast (you can see Google's Chromecast set up instructions here).
STEP 2) Set up Chrome on your device (laptop, mobile, etc):
- You will need to make sure you have Google Chrome web browser on your device (you can download the Google Chrome browser here).
- Once you have Chrome, you will need to then ensure to download the Google Cast web extension
- Once installed, a new icon will be displayed in the top-right corner of the google browser for casting.
STEP 3) Casting to your TV:
- Make sure your TV is on and your Chromecast is plugged into the HDMI port properly as per the instructions above.
- Open Kanopy in your Google Chrome web browser.
- Click on the Cast Extension in your browser’s top-right corner, and choose your Chromecast
- Enjoy your films!