Setting up Kanopy on your Roku Device
Step 1) Set up your Kanopy user profile
In order to watch Kanopy on your Roku device, you will need a Kanopy user profile. If you don't already have one, learn how to create your Kanopy user account.
Step 2) Ensure your Roku is set up
If you are new to Roku and are yet to set up your Roku device, please follow the Roku instructions.
Step 3) Add Kanopy to your Roku
Once you have your Roku device set up and a Kanopy user profile, there are two ways to add the Kanopy channel to your Roku device:
Method 1 -
- On your computer, go to Add Kanopy Channel
- To download the channel immediately, on your Roku device, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, go to Settings > System > System Update.
- Press OK one more time on Check Now, which will download the app from Roku's servers.
- When you see the "Your Roku player software is up to date" screen, press OK again.
Method 2 -
- On your Roku device, go to Streaming Channels > Search Channels, and search for Kanopy.
- When you see the Kanopy result, press the right arrow twice, then OK on Add channel.
- You will now see the Kanopy channel on your Roku's home screen.
Once Kanopy is added to your Roku as a channel, you will be able to find and launch Kanopy in your Roku Home screen along with your other favorited channels.
From here, you may browse the content.
Step 4) Link your Kanopy channel on Roku to your Kanopy profile
Once launching the Kanopy channel on your Roku, when you select to play a film, you will be prompted to link your Roku device to your Kanopy user profile. To do this, please follow the on-screen instructions.